Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Re-cap

Now that my body has had a couple of days to recover... (the child woke us up at 3:25am to open Santa's gifts!).. I can finish my Christmas Eve blogging posts. Below are a few more tidbits about the amazing night we had at Calvary worshipping the Christ Child.
  • over 1193 attended our four services, with an additional 93 on Christmas morning!
  • our luminaries worked (without fire or rain) thanks to battery operated lights by Megan & Andrew.
  • special thanks to our Staff Parish committee for providing a tasty dinner for the Staff to share in between services. And for all those who greeted, ushered, and stewarded- thank you!
  • the Praise Band, Glory Choir, Welsey & Genesis Ringers shared amazing uplifting music at our family 5pm service. And we have leftover candy canes for the little ones!
  • Our Holy Family at 5pm was without their little angel. She refused to wear her costume (she didn't want to be a butterfly.. but rather be a purple princess. There was no convincing her otherwise. Her little brother who was born on Thanksgiving morning slept through her fit.)
  • I do not think I got to vacuum this year. :( I am sure I can make up for that in other ways.
  • our Brass ensemble, percussion and choir sounded fantastic at 7 and 9pm. (I got to play tom toms and triangle!) Todd's message was to the point and right on!
  • You'll have to ask someone else how 11pm went and Christmas morning... too sick to be there. I am assuming all was as wonderful as the previous services.

What a wonderful tribute to the New Born King! And the best part of it all... we were together and we were worshipping and we feasted at His Table! And all were made whole in His Sight.

Bless you these Days of Christmas!

No comments: