Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas preparations...

Over the weekend I discovered that we do not have enough gift tags for the remaining wrapping. That and we have a few remaining gifts to 'go and fetch'. Santa better get moving and put together a few toys (and wrap them too)!
Otherwise the shopping/wrapping are done; cards are mailed; and my baking is half started. As depicted in the photo to our left... my daughter assisted me in baking 146 cookies last Saturday afternoon while the Duke Blue Devils played basketball with really a bad free throw percentage. Our baking attempt only represents three different kinds: the chocolate varieties of chocolate chunk, peanut butter blossoms with dark chocolate Hersey's Kisses, and triple chocolate chunk.
Tonight and tomorrow, we have two more cookies varieties to bake. That includes the traditional sugar cookies in all the Christmas cookie cutter shapes and my family tradition (from my father's side) of Grybai or Lithuanian mushroom cookies. These are very high maintainence and very unusual in their flavor and texture, but a real treat to share and they bring a big smile to my Dad. I'll take a close up photo of one for you!
So, happy baking!

No comments: