Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Memories

Harken back to the days of ol'... and I cannot remember any significant Christmases past. Weird?! Maybe I need to take more vitamin supplements to boost my brain and memory power.

I can recall Christmases with my Gram when I was young. She never used tags or labels on her wrapped gifts. Somewhere on the yards and yards of paper she had handwritten your name and you had to find it! Made the unwrapping experience even slower! :) Actually it is a clever idea.

I recall worship at High Street UMC the Christmas that the boiler exploded and we had a simple service in the side chapel amongst the soot and darkness. Kinda creepy, but in a good way.

My senior year of High School I remember doing a Live Nativity at Calvary with my grandparents and other friends. Singing in the cold on a street corner with people honking at you made the hot chocolate worth it!

My first semester at UE my Grandpa Grant drove down to Evansville to pick me up at Christmas break (along with 4 other girls and our stuff). We sang all the way home to Amy Grant's Christmas album on tape! What a hoot! Grandpa did not seem to mind being surrounded by young women.

Then... other favorite Christmases in recent years include Eric and I's first Christmas together... the year of Diana's birth when we were the Holy Family at church and our Christmas while I was on Renewal Leave was special for it's quietness and simplicity.

What is amazing to consider that each of these Christmas seasons (and many others) has had it's own joy and wonder... just think of all the good stuff waiting to happen in the future!

Gee... maybe I don't need vitamins after all.

No comments: