Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Go Steelers, Go Steelers, Go Steelers!

Yes, I am a Steelers fan in the middle of Colts country. I have been since the 2nd grade when my family lived in Bulter, Pennsylvania. Back then I was the only girl in my class who collected football cards.

My collection had cards of all the great ones: Terry Bradshaw, Mean Jo Greene, Mike Webster, John Stallworth, Mel Blount, Lynn Swan (I learned from him that ballet lessons help receivers) Jack Ham, Franco Harris, and so on and so forth. Those were the years the Steelers went back-to-back bowl games: Super Bowl XIII in 1979 and Super Bowl XIV in 1980. Ah- the good ol' days.

We have a terrible towel. We have jerseys and will be purchasing one for our preschooler this fall for her birthday. At her request because she likes Troy Polamalu's hair and how fast he can run!

You can imagine the excitement at our house this year! Wouldn't that be something to add a 6th trophy to the collection?!?! See you on Super Bowl Sunday!

No comments: