Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cold, Cold and more cold!

I have been snowed in before... lots of times. In fact I have very vivid memories of the Blizzard of 1978. My family lived in Muncie, Indiana at the time. But not until this past Thursday and Friday have I been cold'ed in. I guess that is the word for it.

When it is colder in central Indiana than Anchorage, Alaska you know it has nothing to do with global warming and everything to do with Mother Nature throwing a curve ball our direction.

So, we were stuck inside and we decided to nest and not venture out-of-doors. My preschooler and I watched lots of cartoons, ate plenty of warm soup, and called the elderly folks of our congregation to check on them. Believe it or not, many of them were not home! They were out braving the cold; going to doctors appointments, helping one another, or, as in the case of my grandparents, they were out shopping! (I presume my Gram and Grandpa had no trouble with waiting in line last Thursday.)

All I have to say is Brrrr... it is time to move to the beach or move the beach closer to us!

1 comment:

Todd Outcalt said...

I actually ran into Aldith Camplin at Marsh!!!! She was out buying groceries and said, "Oh, really, it's not that bad out there."