Friday, May 29, 2009

End of May's Madness

The conclusion of this month approaches us quickly and I am glad.

Our family (my side that is) has 5 five birthdays this month (that also includes our God-Daughter's). Buying cards and gifts, as well as Mother's Day stuff along with graduations, can be a budget buster unless you plan well. We go through stamps and wrapping paper like it's Christmas! So sorry, family, if you got your gift wrapped in used aluminum foil. It's all I had left.

This entire month my husband lived, slept, ate, and we went to visit him occasionally at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway track. Except for those rare Monday and Tuesdays off when he moved 11 cubic yards of mulch around our yard. He thanked me so much for this experience because it made him WANT to go back to his paid work gig!

One last item helps me bid a fond farewell to May's madness- my allergies! They go nuts this month. Now that the weather has shifted, things have bloomed and grown into another part of their plant cycle... I can breathe, swallow, and not sneeze a billion times daily. Ahh.

So good bye May- I am always glad to see you because it means summer and sunshine are coming, but I am even more grateful to watch you go.

Hello June- sun burns, humid hot days, VBS, and weddings- I cannot wait! Bring it!!

No comments: