Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Birthday is coming...

Well, I have another birthday coming soon (it will be here in a week). Happily I share the day with several of my favorite folks here at Calvary. All of us find the number 13 very lucky and blessed.

And I am mindful that with two years left, I haven't yet accomplished some of my before-40 goals. This past Saturday I was the closest yet to achieving my hot air balloon ride goal. Our little family got up before the sun to witness the launch of 33 hot air balloons in a race to celebrate IMS' 100 years. Cold brisk morning, but awesome experience. And it got better.

Later that evening we went back to the track to see the balloon Night Glow and fireworks. (Both were big hits with our preschooler). And I got to talk with balloon pilots, look in their flight baskets, and learn all sorts of ballooning trivia. The coolest thing ever!!!!!!!!

Now about my before-40 goal of trying out for the Pace-Mate cheerleaders... that goal has a l-o-n-g way to go. I need to get myself in shape for that. sigh. May have to wait on that one for my 50th birthday! Ha!

No comments: