Thursday, February 28, 2008

Financial Peacemakers

We're in our 5th week of study using Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University curriculum and I am in awe of watching God at work! God is moving within the lives of my fellow students. God is moving in my own life and my marriage. Eric and I are more united on our financial goals than we have ever been in our seven years of marriage! Yeah!

Lots of our marriages are being strengthened and healed. Wow! Unity and teamwork over check books, spending habits, and saving plans are now daily activities of couples and singles in our group.

Last night we had our first ceremonial plasectomy. That means we cut up our credit cards. Plastic (and the debt associated with it) is doing down, baby! We have a plan now. Folks in our class have an emergency fund so they are not living scared. One gal got a job this week after being laid off during week #2 of the class. Another couple can see the end of their mountainous debt, and they are pumped that there is an end to it!

I am literally watching hope come back into people's lives. I cannot tell you how excited that makes me. What a joy and privilege to watch God transform people right in front of me. Go God!

This is what church is about folks, transformation! This is what faith is about, hope. This is what faithful living is about, earning all we can, saving all we can, and giving all we can! That's what John Wesley said anyway. And he's right on.

No comments: