Friday, February 15, 2008

College Shootings

I thoroughly enjoyed my college years even though I spent most of my time in practice rooms or rehearsal halls. I learned a lot about myself and what I could do on my own. I traveled on mission trips and explored a call to ministry. I went to frat parties and football games. Stayed up late working on papers and ate a lot of bad greasy pizza- that was college.

None of it included being a potential shooting victim of a person with a mental illness or a grudge. Northern Illinois' campus is not far from the 'burg and we have lots of church members who are attending college around the U.S. I am stunned by yesterday's shooting. The fourth on a US college campus in one week. That is four too many.

My prayers go out to the victim's families and those who are wounded and now healing. I am praying also for the shooter's family because they now have a double tragedy to face: their child's violent assault on others as well as his successful suicide.

What a tradegy! To all our college students from Calvary- I am praying prayers of protection for you as well! May God's grace guide us during this dark, sad time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My father happened to the glory of God lieved.
This honor is the father gave his son the truth, seek to give you a reason to visit their blogs.
Hello?
I am my father's mission to take the message of God and the prophets yijunhui deliver.
Your father is someone you choose, sir.
Feel free to choose to accept or reject the freedom given to you there.
The result is all yours. Creation and destroyed all that.

Our father, I have to say.
.......
"I am your father, a Jehovah God is not a God."
"I have my son, my people as I can."
"I called his son, Jesus sends praise on accomplishments."
"I pray to Jesus who saved me, the Spirit sent down sought."
........
The father gave me and say that the evidence.
I want to get this message to you.
This message is very accurate and honest, and even once in a world that is the message that is not evidence.
The message is that only the Father has chosen to follow.
This message is pro-God and my father.
I have a message for you from now on, if you want permission.
This is not the time for a long time.
You always spend that time is sufficient.
I sincerely pray for me that my father's glory together.
Thank you.