Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day in the life...

One of my colleagues down the hall is sharing a series with your students about his average work day in ministry. What a great way to debunk the myth that pastors only work on Sundays! And also this is a terrific opportunity to share the call of ministry with young people.

Well...I thought I'd share a little slice from my day in ministry...
  • prepared a devotion for staff meeting
  • led kindergarten chapel (twice) with our Music Director
  • met Kevin Gregory at our Calvary Classics luncheon
  • organized 2-3 meetings for in the near future
  • emailed a whole bunch of folks about a variety of things
  • edited a paper I am writing
  • visited and checked in with folks from our congregation

2 comments:

Todd Outcalt said...

I did little today, too.
Book Study @ 6 a.m. Flapjacks
Emails at 8 a.m.
Meeting for Seder @ 9 a.m.
Staff Meeting @ 10 a.m.
Lunch on the road, Wal-Mart visit for supplies
Meeting to plan funeral @ 2 p.m.
More emails @ 3 p.m.
Tonight: Meeting my confirmand, meeting about flag pole with memorials, wonderful wednesday dinner, sermon reading
Will I get to do any writing by 10 p.m.??? We'll see....

Are we having fun yet?

K.S. said...

Busy day? I can't relate it's kinda slow here at the DOE but, I can tell you I've had some interesting nights. I'm on crutches now so getting in and out of the car can be quite interesting....not to mention other things that have happened. You'll get through it! I have faith.
Luv ya!
Katie