Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bye Bye Pope, Hello March Madness!

As Pope Benedict takes off his red shoes and flies into the sunset of his ministry (on a helicopter), so the month of February finally comes to a close.

Tomorrow begins March!  A Conclave of Catholic bishops will lock themselves into a room for prayer and discernment while the rest of North America glues their eyes on ESPN and FOX Sports so that we can discern our NCAA brackets!

In honor of the occasion I will give you a visual aid on one of the teams that I will be choosing as a top seed in the men's and women's tournament play.
 For the past three years our Calvary UMC staff have had our own March Madness bracket competition.  (No there is no gambling involved... we are against that.  But we do have a trophy for the winner.  A basketball that the winner signs and then has in her/his office for the next year.)

Two out of the three years I have won.  So, I better start doing my homework so that my reputation is not diminished.  (Although the staff are very basketball savvy (especially the IU fans) and I was almost beat by our bookkeeper last year.)

Bring on the madness of discernment... and basketball!

No comments: