Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pastor's Prayer Village

One of my hidden or not so hidden goals for this new year has been to do a better job of asking for help.  Well, this preacher practiced what she preaches because on Friday of last week I sent out a message to all my Facebook friends asking for prayer support and help!  (And what a loving response of kindness and generosity- thank you!)

Did you know it takes a village to raise up a pastor?

Well, it does because we are creatures under construction.  Never fully finished with us God keeps molding, shaping and re-shaping us.  Perhaps to work on humility or to make us more God-dependent or to remind us that the work we do... isn't our work at all, but the movement of God's Spirit through, in, and around us.

So, I am grateful for my village today that has recently been ever so supportive of my tough role of care giving for an ill father, my role of wife of a MBA student, mother of a 2nd grader, and my roles around Calvary UMC as a pastor, preacher, spiritual director, friend and leader. 

At least no one has yet to identify me as the village idiot!  (Ha ha...)

Thanks everyone for the love and kindness!

No comments: