Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Goals for New Year

I have been hesitent to write my new goals this year because I just have not been ready and willing to commit.  Ever felt that way?  Unsure whether to commit and therefore, you wait to make a decision or come up with an idea or take an action.  Sort of a weird place of limbo.

Last year I had very clear sense of my goals...this year I am bumfuddled.  (If that is even a word...)  Or feeling lazy or just disinterested or confused or lost or something other that proactive and excited about goals. 

Most likely my lack of enthusiasm to embrace goals and what not is because a majority of my introspection and reflective energies have been channeled in another direction for the past two months... and I have just run out of steam.  Bleh. 

Perhaps I can narrow my goals into the following:

  1. be the best wife I can be
  2. be the best mom I can be
  3. be the best friend (to my friends and myself) I can be
  4. be the pastor I can be
  5. be the best daughter, aunt, cousin, neice, etc I can be
  6. I will ask for help more often this year.
  7. I will admit my mistakes more readily this year.
  8. I will walk at least three 5K events and 1 mini-marathon this year.
  9. I will write and submit at least four items (poems/devotions/etc) for publishing this year.
  10. I will swear less often (and work on my short patience other wise known as my feisty, quick Lithuaian temper too).

Well, there you have it!  Goals to live by for 2013!

No comments: