Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Year After 40

Over a year ago at this time my emotions were in a state of total freak out because I was turning forty years old.  And I thought the world would end or my body would fall apart or good times would end!

Just shows you how little I knew, back in my thirties!  ha.

Life begins after 40... because after last year's pivotal birthday the following happened:

  • completed my first mini-marathon
  • wrote two eulogies for two amazing people, Rod and my Gram
  • got a book published with my co-author Todd
  • drive a gorgeous red convertible on sunny days; don't forget my nickname- hot rod preacher!
Therefore, I expect great things to continue to happen in this new decade of life.  More challenges, and more fun, more friends and more laughs.  More growth in body, mind and spirit for myself and those around me.  more confidence in being who God made me to be.

And most of all, I expect my Lord and Savior to show up everyday in it with me.  

Yep, forty and forty one are the new foxy.  

No comments: