Thursday, May 3, 2012

At Loose Ends

Some how the timing of large events and goals in my life hit critical mass this week.  The Confirmands were confirmed on Sunday.  Our Jesus in the Gospels bible students finished their 30 week study on Tuesday.  And in less than 48 hours I shall lace up to meet my "big-fat-scary-goal of 2012".

So, the question has come to my mind, "What next?"

In fact, members of my Tuesday study asked me what I shall do with all my time?

Knit?  Scrapbook?  Write?  Sleep?  Collect lint?

Maybe none of those or all the above.

What do you do when you knock out such big goals in the first 5 months of the year?  Coast until someone else rings in 2013?  Or create mid-year goals?  Or take some well-deserved time off?  Hmmm.

The thought has crossed my mind that I might do a couple of other races.  A couple of 5K's sound appealing. And there are a lot of writing projects that I have simply shelved until my creative juices or at least time to be creative opened up again.

Whatever I do or not do... I can say with matter-of-fact-ness I am at 'loose ends'.


No comments: