Wednesday, May 9, 2012

We did it!!!

Someone wrote on the wall in my office (no worries for the church trustees because there is a dry erase board on the wall):
Great job Saturday!
Big scary goal= accomplished!!

Yeah, baby!  What a super neat feeling to walk over the finish line after the longest, and most humid Indy 500 Festival Mini-Marathon ever!  Couldn't tell which were my tears or beads of sweat cascading down my cheeks.

Special moments:

  • my husband (aka walking partner who carried the backpack which saved our lives because it had food and drink for the worst mile ever...walking the frying pan called the IMS track) who awoke me at 4am to begin my day!
  • the high five from my daughter when we went to pick her up!  (and to my girl, "Sweetie, I did this walk for you so that you know you can conquer whatever big scary goal you have in your life!")
  • listening to the amazing kid's hair bands along the way
  • seeing the winner run past after I finished my mile number #1
  • hearing encouragement, clapping, and cheers along the way
  • listening to the love-of-my-life chatter excitedly as we walked his favorite track in the world...
  • the shower when we finally got home!
Folks have already asked me if I would do it again.  Sure.  I want to have other goals and what not.  I especially hope to do other run/walk events this year and beyond.  

So glad to share this goal with my wonderful husband... and folks from my amazing church!


No comments: