Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Writing...

...many thank you cards (there are the teacher thank you cards for my student and then all our of Calvary Learning Academy teachers), graduation cards (we have 25 graduating from High School not counting our college and grad student graduations. I had to buy cards in bulk this year.), birthday cards (my family celebrates about 5 big birthdays this month (not counting mine) and bereavement cards (which I do monthly here at church and number about 25-30 each month) have absorbed and used all my words.

My words are plumb worn out. Gone.  Used up.  A shriveled pile of miscellaneous adjectives.

That is why my new devotions to Upper Room (so that they can turn me down another year in a row.  I mean- they have a streak going so why break it?!) are not written.  Why my Pentecost sermon is sitting somewhere in my cerebral cortex!  And why my blog has remained un-used and empty for days.

When the words come back, I do have a new story about the dog to share.  And there is the moment with Flat Stanley recently....ah, the momentum may come back yet this month (unlike the rain which has stayed away from our house leaving our grass brown in latter May).

Watch and see... more words are coming!

No comments: