Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

Today could be billed as an 'extra' day in the year, but instead it is the accumulation of hours from four years worth of days.  So, I guess that means not much is truly 'gained'.  It would be nice if we got an  'extra' day with all the busyness we do, but I am not sure I'd put it to good use. 

For example, instead of preparing for confirmation class or the upcoming administrative council retreat, I am sitting here on my blog yacking about trivial stuff.  Moments ago I was on Facebook catching up on people's lives.  I could be training for the mini.  Or working through my new spiritual discipline (which is really hard to get done) or visiting folks in the hospital.

Maybe more than an extra day I need to hire an extra me.  She would do the house cleaning that I am behind on; she could pack lunches; she could keep up with my correspondence; manage the household activities; and get the birthday gifts and cards wrapped... oh the list goes on.  Then I could actually read the novel that I have had to renew at the library twice.  I could nap.  I could have long meaningful conversations with friends I care about and eat lunch at my daughter's school.

Alas, that is not so. I am me and there is only one me.  I am my own personal assistant, house keeper, and secretary. 

You know what that means?  I need to give myself a raise.

No comments: