Tuesday, November 1, 2011

All Saints Day Challenge

Blessed All Saints day to you!

After all the candy and mayhem of yesterday, we're supposed to ponder our inner saintliness today. Or at least give thanks for the Saints who have gone before us. Mostly, I am coming down off of my sugar high from yesterday and pondering a new goal for 2012.

Today, is a perfect day for pondering. Bright blue sky and a shorter list of To Do items make this afternoon a terrific time to fill you in on my new adventure.

I am getting ready, which is amazing to think about because I can be such a couch potato and non-athletic person, to sign up for walking the Mini-Marathon in Indianapolis on May 5th of 2012. Yep, I am getting off the couch and start training.

A week or so ago I was thinking about turing 40 and this year of deaths within my family. The thought popped into my mind that a physically challenging goal is what I need to shake the cobwebs from my mind and spirit. (and maybe stay fit so that I can be around awhile for my family.)

Hey- if my childhood friend can parasail on her own, then, by golly I can walk 13 miles in a day! My time may be lousy, but I can walk that much!

So here goes nothing because I have now told more than 5 people. I am committed as they say.

But my first hurdle is signing up for the event.

I'll blog again when that is accomplished.

No comments: