Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankfulness

I heard a quote recently that "Gratefulness is the heart and center of all prayer." I believe that to be true. So, in order to begin to pray I shall name my thankfulness. I am grateful...

  • For health in body, mind and soul
  • For my handsome, loving, funny, supportive and passionate husband
  • For my amazingly funny, creative and loving daughter
  • For my parents, parents-in-law, auntie, and extended family
  • For the privilege of four decades of being grandparented by Betty Jo
  • For intelligence, opportunity, education, and the ability to read
  • For the gifts fo creative expression in writing, arts and music
  • For my work community of fellow servants in Christ, laity within my congregation and all United Methodists in Indiana and elsewhere
  • For the Good News of Jesus that never tires but invites me deeper and deeper into personal growth and the fruits of the Spirit

What is on your list of gratitude this season of Thanksgiving?

No comments: