Friday, November 18, 2011

Turkey Preparations

No, I am not the turkey. But, we're getting ready for the party.

Four stores and three towns later we found the blessed bird for us. Tomorrow the remainder of the shopping will happen. I am excited to host this year. Partly because I have more experience than the last time I ventured to host and because it will be a small gathering. Mostly I am thrilled to host because well... I just feel so darn grateful.

My in-laws are coming along with some food (she makes better stuffing than I). I hope my uncle brings the wine. I've got coloring pages for the kiddos and silly questions for each name place! The pies and breads will be my favorite though.

After we feast then the games will begin. Football on the TV. Bowling on the Wii. And Monopoly or Uno for the rest of us. A great day to be together and celebrate. Couldn't ask for anything more.... other than no turkey disasters!

I'll dedicate my wishbone to you.

No comments: