Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Special Bible

I know something must be up because rarely does my Spiritual Director give me homework. You can imagine my surprise last week when she handed me material as I left her new office!!

My quest is to explore the upcoming exhibit of the Saint John's Bible her monastery is hosting during the month of August. Visio divinia, lectures, workshops and tours are all a part of this fascinating event.

Here is the website were you can learn more about this http://www.saintjohnsbible.org/ hand calligraphy and illuminated manuscript of the NRSV Bible. It is gorgeous! First one done this way since the invention of the printing press. Here is more information on the exhibit
http://www.benedictinn.org/benedictinn.org/The_Saint_Johns_Bible_Exhibit.html

I am intrigued by this group of monks who are attempting to remind all believers that our Scripture is alive and full of life. So, I hope you may join me in my quest to be a student of the word as it is presented in such an amazing manner!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Good luck with your homework. If you would like any "extra credit" feel free to contact me. I can help answer your questions or lead you to someone who can help!

-Connie Carlson
ccarlson@csbsju.edu
Program Manager, Saint John's Bible