Thursday, July 15, 2010

Prayer Creed

"if God's language is silence, then the language of God's people is praise."

I believe in prayer.
Because I believe that the Someone who is listening loves me more than anything.
And wants to hear me talk and is thrilled when I shut up long enough to listen.

I believe that prayer isn't always polite, neat and tidy.
Life isn't tidy.

Sometimes or most often, my best prayers are loud, long, angry, whiny and raw.

I trust that God wants and in facts demands my honesty in prayer.

There is nothing no ugliness, no sin, and no pain that can stop me from praying.
God has heard me before vent my anger towards Godself and not struck me down.

God loves me enough to like my open mind and chatty, potty mouth.

Prayer deepens our rapport with one another... even when I don't hear anything back or when I have to wait for an answer.... the act of praying usually brings me back into focus if the answer to prayer does not.

And that's what I believe about prayer.

What do you believe?




No comments: