Thursday, December 27, 2007

Best of Our Christmas

Here are a few highlights from my Christmas:

  • Watching my daughter master the art of toy train engineering in less than one hour!
  • The look of wonder and awe when our toddler said, 'Look at all these presents...(hugs herself) for me!'
  • Napping in the middle of Christmas morning's mess while my husband laughs and giggles with our daughter's trains.
  • The wonderful music of our Christmas Eve services.
  • Eating yummy Christmas morning breakfast pizza.
  • Not being able to sleep at 1am after 4 worship services because I cannot wait for my daughter to see her presents.
  • The fact that it took our daughter 2 hours and 45 minutes to open her presents because she kept stopping to play with her train, or play with the toy she just opened. (Clothes were ignored.)
  • The gorgeous flowers my husband got me after I ruined the Christmas Eve turkey and had a fit of tears as a result.

I pray you had wonderful memories and moments this Christmas as well!

2 comments:

Todd Outcalt said...

You have officially blogged Christmas eve...probably set some kind of a record. I miss my toy train!

Unknown said...

Almost two weeks Michelle!

Christmas is so 2007.