Monday, December 24, 2007

CHRISTmas Eve 1

Forty eight minutes and counting before we begin our first of four worship services tonight! While this is Calvary's second Christmas in the new building, it is my first! Am I soooo excited! The sanctuary is gorgeous with the most beautiful poinsettias ever! (Notice I use lots of !'s when I get excited!)

Jesus' manager is filled with fresh straw. His table for Holy Communion is set. The luminaries are ready to be lit. The candles are prepared with fire extinguishers in close proximity. The praise band is warming up for the 5pm service. Brass and vocal choirs will be here before the 7pm service.

All we need is the Holy Family to arrive along with about 1,000 other worshippers! Oh- and hopefully, my boss will be here soon...because I have not prepared a sermon. (Hey, just as I wrote this he walked in- thank goodness! Whew.)

Now, I just need to decide which of the three children sermon ideas I want to use....

See you in a few...

No comments: