Thursday, December 20, 2007

All My Family Wants for Christmas...

All, the loved ones I live with, want for Christmas is either a set of ear plugs; a freshly tuned piano; or for me to stop practicing Christmas carols.

I have to admit I am not the pianist I used to be.

But it has been fun to tickle the ivories and stretch my stiff fingers with after dinner piano caroling. This experiences has brought back memories of my various piano teachers through the years. And brought back the nervous horror of recitals, concerts, and solo/ensemble contests.

You know, its weird, but I just realized that I either had piano teachers who were nuns or they had lots of cats. What is up with that?!

Anyway, I am not sure what I'll do after dinner on December 26th to terrorize, oh, I mean entertain my family. Maybe a little jazz...

1 comment:

R. Gehlbach said...

I can appreciate the nostalgia with this! My parents tell of my grandma playing the piano all year long, but about Thanksgiving she stops and doesn't play again until Christmas day. Why? That was where she hid the gifts! No one knew it for many years!