Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Moving through Lent with A New People

What a time of discovery to witness how a new-to-me faith community honors and celebrates such a Holy Season as Lent!

This past Lent Season was my first with the good people of Ridge UMC.

I was especially moved by our worship leadership team who worked so hard to create a meaningful visual display of the season.

Lovely, simply lovely.

Writing that seems strange because sticks, rocks, and burlap by themselves do not lend to red-carpet beauty.





But the point is not to be flashy, or brazen, but rather to dwell in the simplicity of Christ as he 'set his face for Jerusalem' and what awaited him there.

Or maybe all my time spent picking up twigs and throwing them across the yard for my dog's play has given me a keen appreciation for a good stick.

All in all-my first Lent experience with the people of Ridge UMC was spent in a unique wilderness of being new, searching for new staff to join our team, and living on the edge between confidence in God's plan and panic for that plan to unveiled for my satisfaction.

Rocks, Sticks, burlap... these were my companions.

And they were simple and lovely.

No comments: