Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Campaign

Among all the other news about our upcoming US Presidential campaign, there is another smaller campaign taking place.

Various members of my congregation have taken it upon themselves to begin a campaign to win my baseball allegiance.

It is the campaign at Ridge UMC right now.

They know I have a football team, the Steelers.  They are well versed in the knowledge of my favorite men's college basketball team, the Duke Blue Devils.

And because they love me they have also paid attention to realize this startling truth... I do not yet have a baseball team.

Thus, the campaign has begun to win my heart to their favorite team.

How do I know this?

Because my church folk have confessed their plot.

They tug on their baseball jersey shirt during a worship service to indicate which team they think I should become aligned with.  White Sox jersey in worship one day.  A St. Louis Cardinals tie the next Sunday.

Oh my!  Cubs? White Sox? Cardinals?  What to do?


No comments: