Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Being a Tourist

My family now live-near-a-great-city thus, we have become tourists of a sort.

Lists of places we want to see are marked in my travel and tourist books.  Museums and concerts we want to attend are in my calendar.  We each have our own varied interests.

My husband is slowing making his way to all the breweries and pizza places!

My daughter is most interested in Shedd Aquarium and the Museum of Science and Industry.

Personally, I cannot wait to listen to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra live and in person! That will be awesome!

We've been reading travel, history and tourist books.  I confess we've also watched a few of the Travel Channel shows on Chicago history, sites, and stories of this great city.

This is one of the unique treasures about where we now live and the kind of new adventures we can make.  During our daughter's spring break week we traveled the train into the city to enjoy Shedd.  What a fun way to spend the day!

It is good to be a tourist!


No comments: