Thursday, January 9, 2014

Goals in Review

How did you do on your goals for last year?  Me, not so much success.

Here were the goals...
  1. be the best wife I can be
  2. be the best mom I can be
  3. be the best friend (to my friends and myself) I can be
  4. be the pastor I can be
  5. be the best daughter, aunt, cousin, niece, etc I can be
  6. I will ask for help more often this year.
  7. I will admit my mistakes more readily this year.
  8. I will walk at least three 5K events and 1 mini-marathon this year.
  9. I will write and submit at least four items (poems/devotions/etc) for publishing this year.
  10. I will swear less often (and work on my short patience other wise known as my feisty, quick Lithuanian temper too).
My husband, child, friends, congregation, and family will need to turn in their reports on how I did on #1-#5. My hope is that I at least 'passed'.  

I wrote a lot more notes and letters of apology this year so maybe there was some growth on #6 and #7.  While I did not complete a mini-marathon in 2013, I did successfully run/walk three 5K events.  I hope to do the same in 2014.

Regarding #9; I made only one submission for publication in 2013 and it will be published in 2014.  I am woefully behind on this goal.

And with number ten, that is a work in progress and a very very slow work.  

All I can say about 2013 is ..."Lord, in your mercy!"


No comments: