Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Rant!

Our hot, drought ridden summer has not been a great one for time in the hammock.  In fact we've had no hammock time this year.  Our grass is so dead that it tries to leave splinters in your bare feet.

Diana's pitiful garden (in spite of our watering) is so pathetic and sad that the critters are not even eating it.  Our corn with it's tassels are knee high.  We've got one ripened tomato that a worm attempted to eat but gave up for lack of juiciness.  I thought I spied one lone green bean.  Sad.

We're tried the local pools, but the water there is so warm it's like taking a bath in a oven.  Not exactly refreshing.  We tried the Zoo, but too hot.  We went to the Children's Museum last week and it was packed with all the other families who were avoiding the heat.

The only thing this summer has been good for is reading.  And have I ever been cranking out the books!  I have long pasted my reading goal from last summer and am into competition for the Nook at our local library.  Woo hoo!  I am pushing 3,000 pages plus at the rate I am going.  (Reading this much 'leisure/pleasure' book material along with lots of other work-related texts- is a true treat for me.)

I refuse to buy school supplies for another week or so.  Maybe it will be cool enough we can try the Indpls Zoo, again and see the new baby elephant.  Maybe.

No comments: