Monday, July 30, 2012

House Remodel

My little family has recently become addicted to HGTV... watching hours of home, bath and even kitchen remodels and makeovers.  Throughout the summer we watched closely the competition for HGTV's new Design Star (which finally was revealed last week!)

Of course, with all the beautiful ideas and suggestions streaming from our television at all hours of the day... our family enthusiastically decided to conquer a home remodel project!  We've been hooked!

Mind you we are starting rather small....  with my circa 1981 dollhouse:
As you can see... this house 'should' be condemned after residing the past couple of decades in my grandmother's attic!  (By the way, my grandfather built the house, my grandmother did the interior decor and my father did the electrical.)

Instead, we just gutted it.  After we cleaned out the dead bugs.  Flooring, wallpaper, and all electrical have been removed.

Now we've got a clean slate to start our project:

And the house even smells better already too!  Nothing like family home improvement projects to keep you cool during the hot steamy summer days!

No comments: