Thursday, July 26, 2012

No Time to Write!

Geez... where has the month gone?  My blog writing reflects the summer drought we've had.  Dried.  Barren.  Wasteland.

Actually, I have been busy in other ways...wrote a three part sermon series and got to deliver it.  Yay!  Haven't done that in 10 years or so.  Very cool and very challenging.  Stretched me.

Since July 4th ministry has kept me busy:

  • two mission trips (Belize and Mountain Top) and all the prayer partners, commissioning(s), send offs, and return stories
  • two funerals (on the same day by the way)  I got a chuckle that both ladies were avid basketball fans.  
  • one staff farewell reception (boo hoo- we'll miss you Alison!)
  • three performances of Fiddler on the Roof by our own TFC!
  • three weekends of worship that were so packed and full of testimonies, baptisms, commissionings and the 'usual' worship stuff
This is why I have not been writing.  I've been too busy WRITING with sermons, Prayer Notes for missionaries, Prayer Emails to our TFC cast and Crew, and just running around like a crazed person!

I'll make up for it... wait and see.  I've got lots more to blog about... like the remodel of my 30 year old dollhouse for my daughter, the pathetic garden of 2012, and how to help your spouse get ready for school.

Yes, there is plenty in my life to "mine" for blogging material... and now is the time to get that writing finished!

No comments: