Friday, June 10, 2011

Fav Annual Conference Moments...

Every day of Annual Conference our HUM staff publish and print a recap of the previous day's events... but here is my little recap of my favorite moments:


  • visiting with my family (Hi Mom and Tom)


  • seeing all sorts of old and familiar friends and colleagues


  • Thursday morning's worship session with Dr. MacFree (I wanna get me a walking stick.)


  • laughing with Katie last night during the final voting session (I hope I did not embarass her too bad)


  • hearing the best news in 35 years that United Methodists in Indiana are growing (in worship and membership)! It may be a small percentage, but finally we are hearing the news we are not a dying breed of Christianity! Woo Hoo!


  • voting and meeting delegates for General Conference


  • great synergy and energy at the COSROW/Women in Ministry breakfast including work on scholarships for women in seminary here in US and in Africa.


  • meeting new people... everywhere bathroom, meals, hallways, buses, walking along the street, in the pews! What fun to meet so many amazingly dedicated United Methodists.



No comments: