Saturday, November 27, 2010

Post-Turkey Let Down

After two days worth of feasting, I am coming off my Thanksgiving-turkey and all the fixin's high. Crash and collapse. My kiddo wanted me to play a game with her... halfway through I was so exhausted I fell asleep before my turn. How sad is that?

I have decided though that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays especially because of the food, family, football, holiday parades, and the practice of gratitude. I do not view this holiday as just a precursor to the Advent-Christmas season like the retailers would have me believe. No, for me Thanksgiving stands alone as one of my favs.

Now all the turkey has been eaten and only the skinny pieces of pie are left on the kitchen counter top. Until next year Thanksgiving... see you soon!

No comments: