Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saw Jesus

I ran into Jesus this morning...

  • he smiled brightly every time he handed a cup of cold raspberry Kool Aid to a thirsty person
  • he told he he'd pray for my friends after they fed him a hot meal
  • he laughed at my sports jokes while standing in line
  • he complimented one of my confirmands about her terrific manners and kindness
  • he sat down with a young mom and talked about her special needs baby
  • he watched vigilantly over me and my sheep- protecting us from harm
  • he worked hard cleaning, preparing and serving others without complaining
  • he raised his hand and rushed to help every time someone asked for something to be done
  • he made others feels at ease and special with a simple kindness

How about you? Where did you see Jesus today? Or better yet- how did you welcome and greet him?

Nineteen confirmands and fifteen adults from our church met him face to face today. He was among us and the 243 hungry, desperate people we served lunch to at Roberts Park UMC.

What a joy! What a privilege to see him and welcome him together!

No comments: