Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Goals for the 2010 Year

While I have not been blogging much lately, I have been working on other writing. Primarily, my new goals for 2010 have taken my time and attention. After some reflection on my completion of last year's goals I decided to shake things up a bit! (Not because I didn't finish any goals- but because I did not complete enough of 2009 goals to my liking.)

Since seven is a Biblical number- I chose seven categories for my goals in 2010. And then identified a single goal within each category. Trying to make this as do-able as possible.

Here are my goal categories (in no particular order)= Fitness, financial, marriage, parenting, writing, spiritual and personal character.

The last category is something new and one could argue that it is the same as a "spiritual" goal. But my discernment took me in a unique direction in that I wanted to grow this year a particular 'fruit of the spirit' . See Galations 5:22. I guess you could say then that my spiritual and character goals are going to work together. At least that is the plan.

Well here's to a great year- accomplishing great things and deepening how my faith is lived out in my life!

No comments: