Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer's Conclusion

The one good thing about summer coming to a conclusion is that- we know it will be back next year! :) I just don't believe that climate change will affect the seasons in this part of the hemisphere. Don't buy it.

I do have lots of things to finish buying stuff. I've got my To Do List of items to complete before my daughter starts preschool next week. Slowly, we are marking things off and getting things done. Because once school begins, ministry gets more hectic for me too.

I must confess as much as I'll miss summer- autumn is an awesome season. Cool, yet warm. Gorgeous fall foilage. Football starts. (Go Steelers!) Two of my favorite people were born in autumn (so we have birthdays to celebrate) and my wedding anniversary is in fall. Great season- it really is.

And the added bonus for you Financial Peace University/Dave Ramsey's fans- is that next month we will be calling Dave's live show on a Friday. And you know what that means- yep our debt free call is next month. Oh, man it is so exciting being this close. I can almost taste it. I've been practicing my call to Dave for the past 9 months. (But I'll probably pee my pants with excitement so I'll have to write some notes down to tell him.)

Yep- we are reaping a lovely harvest in our summer garden (will add some more photos next time) and we will reap a harvest of hard work/effort/gazelle-ness too. Both are sweet end-of-the-summer treats!

No comments: