Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dollhouse

**warning this blog contains nostalgic material.
you will either become weapy or nauseous.**
  • My grandfather built my dollhouse, my grandmother painted and wallpapered it, and my dad did all of the electrical wiring. Hours of imaginative play then followed.
  • My daughter has a dollhouse now too. For the past ten months the family that came with it has lived there. But now likes lots of other Americans they have been evicted from their house. I don't know why because it is paid for, but they now live in a shopping bag on my daughter's shelf.
  • The new family that moved in, is well, a bit weirdly eclectic.
  • Cinderella is the mother. She has the best wardrobe and accessories of anyone in the home. Sid and Diego from Ice Age are her oldest boys. A teenage girl with long blond hair is the sister. She really was a Happy Meal prize in 2008 (a mini-Barbie fashion doll with a London T-shirt). And the baby of the family is a green haired little troll doll.
  • If that isn't strange enough- they have a lot of pets! And all of the pets (i.e. the stuffed animals in my daughter's room) are having their babies in this home. Caterpillars, dogs, birds, chickens, cats, ostrichs, and bears, oh my! I don't know where they get the money for all the pet food.
  • And then there is the pinta-like Christmas tree that hangs in the living room. (which really is a green star with shiny beads wrapped around it as lights/ornaments). It seems that in this home it is always almost Christmas.
I've heard of creative imaginations but this stuff is off the charts! I hope you are finding creative play in your life... it is good for all of us, kids at heart.

No comments: