Saturday, July 11, 2009

Home Alone: What to do about it?!

Here on this Saturday post thunder showers and worship, I find myself home alone eating leftover pizza. Yum.

Well, not completely alone, there is the large yellow Kleenex eating, bottom sniffing pooch by my side as I type this blog entry. He keeps trying to take advantage of the lack of humans to distract me by laying at my feet a pile of his toys. (He thinks I will want to throw or toss one of these with him.) Pathetic really. (Don't worry when I am done here I shall put on my walking shoes and take him for his other favorite activity- a walk around the neighborhood.) Don't take the sad look on his face as truth- he does receive attention.

But what else shall I do now that I am home alone? This happens so rarely in my house anymore I am in a quandary. I made a tentative list of items to accomplish but, cleaning out a closet, reading more books on leadership, brainstorming chapter details of a book, organizing the weekly grocery list, working on my children's stories, vacuuming and folding laundry seem, so, shall I say - lame?

If my preschooler were here we would be knee deep in baby doll clothes, Candyland, and watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. If my husband were here we would be puttering in the garage or the yard, discussing grass growth (or lack thereof in certain parts of the lawn), trimming trees, and examining the garden.

Ha ha! They're not here. Feels like I'm playing hokey from my busy, hectic life.

But I am such a goose I am not sure what to do with myself. How odd to be at loose ends....perhaps something exciting, daring, exhilarating, meaningful or profound, will come to mind after ol' slobber drinker gets his walk. Or maybe I'll just go to bed and get some sleep.

No comments: