Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kids & Writing

I have been amazed by the variety and amount of new literature that is out there now for kids of all ages. My writing class has sent me to the library on numerous assignments to read emergent reader books, chapter books, YA, and even graphic novels (not what you think). Never really considered this whole genre of literature from this angle before.

What fun it was to re-discover old friends along the way. Like Beverly Cleary and all of her books! What a hoot! Boy- did that bring back a rush of nostalgia from grade school and middle school. Some things I had hoped to forget.

Anyway, I am off to the library for yet another assignment (i.e. considering nonfiction writing for kids). By the way- never go to the library during the first week of summer break when it's raining. Way too loud and crowded.

No comments: