Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Married to a Writer

Finally, got it! Took me awhile, but I now get the fact that I am married to a writer. I was curious as to why I itched and felt nauseous reading Todd's blogs about writing...now I know it was an allergic reaction to being around too many writers.

My husband writes almost everyday. He is glued to his laptop. In fact, two laptops are within his reach and his blackberry rests beside him. When the muse is tantalizing, nothing removes my Eric's focus from his task at hand. Not food, not a crying kid, not a wet dripping smelly dog. He is a machine when he is writing... and when stuff is happening- he cannot stop.

The only sonnets and love poems he has written were used to court me back in the days of our dating. Those stay locked in the family vault where all our treasures are!

Lately, his writing is in weird, foreign languages that no one speaks. The names of the languages make me think of really awful musical keys (which were tough scales to practice) - like C#. And supposedly very few people know this stuff anyway. But we can all witness his results if you watch an open wheel race- like this weekend's IRL Long Beach Race in Florida.

Yep- being married to a software developer is really about being married to a writer. Maybe I need to start a support group...

No comments: