Friday, March 13, 2009

Weird Life Moments

Variety is the spice of life and ministry; I have decided. Here is a slice of my weird and wacky life/ministry:
  • March madness is here- that always gets me pumped up with excitement! My team suffered a tragic loss last Sunday, but we shall rally tonight in the tournament play. Whee- I am working on my bracketology, are you?
  • Our family has played so much Candyland lately, that my husband finally won a game. Our daughter pouted and cried all the way into the bathtub last night because she lost and now refuses to play the game anymore. "Momma, I want to throw that game away!" (She has a competitive spirit, doesn't she?!" Wonder where she gets that from?)
  • We've begun making plans for Duke pup's 2nd birthday. Diana wants a chocolate cake. My husband and I are thinking about adopting another dog as a buddy for Duke. Our Dog just wants to eat kleenexs, envelopes, and any other sort of paper product he can find.
  • I've been waking up around 4am this week praying for our confirmands. Wonder what's happening in their young lives that the Holy Spirit has me working overtime?!
  • Spring break vacation cannot get here any sooner for me. I am soooo ready for a change of pace, scene, and schedule.
  • And I need to get some new reading material. Anybody have a book recommendation?

No comments: