Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Winter Blahs


Never before have I been so glad to be in Lent! It is like a relief to finally arrive here... (not that I am one of those weird 4th century desert Christian dwellers who sought God in the denial of all things comfy and fun), but Lent's arrival means one thing- we are closer to Easter and therefore closer to Spring! Woo hoo to the approach of warm weather, lighter weight jackets, and green buds forming on the trees.

Shoot- I am so desperate for snow and cold to finish that I will gladly take on the sinus drainage and sore throat that accompanies my allergies! Bring it on, baby! I've got plenty of tissues stock-piled in the cupboard.

My hope is that perhaps the arrival of warm weather will also change the climate of our economy, business, and stock market. Think it will help?!?! At least it will help this mid-western white suburban Protestant female pastor's attitude.

And the added bonus is- we won't have to dress like the above photo anymore....

No comments: