Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Final Countdown

My reading-addicted office neighbor two doors down, a.k.a. Todd-the-orange-peelin'-donut- lovin'- dude, has been raving about his reading accomplishments during this year of 2008! 100 books, blah blah blah.

Well, not that I am competitive (ha!) but, I got out my calculator and pencil and did some of my own statistical analysis on what I have read this year. Here is the data- you decide the winner!


  • read and used 315 new recipes (I signed up for a meal plan/grocery list service for 45 weeks this year).
  • read 252 children's picture books between June and August (you call the Avon Wayne Township Public Library- they have the check out information to back me up. My daughter and I nearly won that contest.)
  • read 18 faith statements by our 2008 Confirmation Students.
  • read over 90 Christmas cards and letters during the season of Advent.
  • read all of donut'-lovin'-dude's blog entries...that is 227 of his blogs read.
  • read the 47 submissions for our 2008 Lenten Devotional at least 5 times each during the editing process. That is a total of 235 devotions read.
  • read over 30 books for my continuing education requirement for the conference. (not that anyone will ever read my continuing education report.)
  • finally, I assume that emails count as reading material too (since I am a material girl) . And prior to deleting my inbox recently I had well over 2,457 emails during 2008!

Hmmm.... 3,624 items read! That is my final countdown in 2008...

1 comment:

Todd Outcalt said...

Okay, now you've gone and done it! I may have to declare a "read off" in 2009, but from your list, I think you have me beat 2X over!!! Nothing easy about reading 200+ children's books (been there, done that), all of the confirmation creeds, and the long list of books you note. I declare you the winner in 2008!!!!