Thursday, December 11, 2008

What shall I Write?

A few blogs ago, Todd (that writing nut down the hall from me) was waxing poetic about all that he has written this year. Ya da Yada ya. I can in no way compete with the plethora of articles, books, and blogs etc. that he has created in 2008. (My body requires sleep.)

So, I thought of one thing that I could write and maybe even beat him to it. Goals.

I wrote down my goals for 2009! Yep, after the Christmas letter was mailed my spirit was heavenly inspired to cast a vision for my future endeavors. (Actually, the real truth is that my husband got excited about writing down his goals and the bathroom mirror seemed lopsided without my goal list prominently displayed on it.)

Every year (usually sometime around New Year's) my goals are jotted down in my journal or on my desk at work. But this year- they are typed up (in various categories) and put on the bathroom mirror. The idea behind this technique is to visually see them everyday and be more mindful of the steps required to make them become a reality.

Financial, Body, Mind, Spirit, Motherhood, Marriage and Creative are the categories with several goals listed in each area. Whew- I have a LOT to do and be next year!

What are your goals for 2009? What do you hope to accomplish in the next 12 months?

Write them down, get focused, and maybe we can catch up with Todd one day on our writing...

HA!

1 comment:

Todd Outcalt said...

You will already have your goals set when we do this little staff exercise in January.