Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Retreat and Labyrinths

Yes, I forgot to tell you folks that I was indeed able to labyrinth this past retreat weekend! We used our portable labyrinth on Friday night for the ladies to reflect upon where they are currenltly on their faith journey and where they would like to be in the near future. Great exercise to consider how Christ is with us no matter 'where we are'!

And then on Saturday afternoon - when the sun was shining over Tipton- two of the ladies joined me on a walk on the outdoor Chartres patterned labyrinth. Wind gusts moved us about or was that the Holy Spirit?!

"Your steadfast love, O Lord, is as high as the heavens and your faithfulness extends above the clouds" was the Psalm verse that followed me along the labyrinth. Joy, celebration, and wonder at who God is and what God does for me and you... my toes even tingled from the wind and the walk!

No comments: