Thursday, September 11, 2008

Leaving for Retreat

A huge pile of food, supplies, crafts, worship items, easels, books, bibles, paper, etc have collected themselves along the wall of my office. Departure is 0200 hours tomorrow. my bag is not packed, my snack is not purchased... too much to do to get the retreat items ready and then get my family prepared for my absence (lots of mac-n-cheese boxes, pizza coupons left on the kitchen counter).

Ready or not- we go. Rain heads up the forecast so all outdoor worship activities will be brought inside. Nonetheless we will have a great time laughing, talking and talking, and talking, and laughing, and eating and talking, and laughing. We will pray. We will listen. We will be quiet. We will sing. We will learn to love Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit even more deeply than we already do!

Cannot wait- see you after retreat!

PS I get to walk a labryinth! Yeah!

No comments: