Friday, September 26, 2008

Reading List

My neighbor two doors down the administrative hallway from me writes about his writing and his reading on his blog. That is because reading/writing is his 'thing' and what his blog is all about. Wandering through his blogs today got me curious about what I have been reading lately...so here is my not so short, yet not so slim list.

  • Quiet Strength (bio of Coach Dungy) is halfway finished on my nightstand.
  • Embracing Parents: How Your Congregation Can Strengthen Families by Jolene and Eugene Roehlkepartian was just handed to our children's ministry coordinator to read for future use in our ministries.
  • Helping Our Children Grow in Faith by Robert J. Keeley lies at my elbow waiting to be read.
  • Prior to this week's list of books I finished a great book by Renita Weems, Listening for God,... actually it took me weeks to read this book because I read it very, very slowly like someone should sip their tea or drink their wine. All the unique flavors rolled on my tongue er.. I mean mind!
  • Speaking of Todd, my neighbor, he is supposed to loan me The Shack now that it took him 24 hours to engulf the novel. Dude, I am waiting.
  • After that maybe it will either be No Man is An Island by Thomas Merton or My Soul Waits by Marva Dawn to open my mind and stir my heart...
That is my reading list for autumn. What writing/reading is stirring your heart?

No comments: