Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Healed

Today I have been working on materials for our Care ministries at church and during the process, I realized that we have a good number of people who are cancer survivors. In fact, I started to make a list of names and that list is a LOT longer than the list of folks who are now in the Kingdom of Heaven. Remarkable!

I may continue my list because I would enjoy seeing the percentage of healed/survived of Calvary compared to the rest of the population at large. God is our Great Physican and Healer. "The Lord sustains them on their sickbed; in their illnesses you heal all their infirmities"(Psalm 41:3).

God's community is a fantastic resource to aid in the healing and recovery process. We do not go the journey from disease to wholeness of body, mind and Spirit alone. It takes community support, encouragement and cheerleading.

I'll keep crunching the numbers, but I think we have a greater precentage of healed verus unhealed. One of our saints here at Calvary has a phrase that she often says, "I am walking in health!" We truly are!

No comments: